WoW Rampage EU Twink Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That TBC stuff.

4 posters

Go down

That TBC stuff. Empty That TBC stuff.

Post  Nipperkin Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Urrr, when i bought my vanilla account i was just "OK, all the awesome gear (eg mechanized snow goggles) is grandfathered but the old epics are cooler anyway". Now that i read about getting higher profs and HFP gear i kinda want in before it's nerfed. So, Someone please answer these questions:

This is of course if i activate the TBC trial:
1, Can i really group up and do hellfire citadel for thrallmar rep, quests and dungeon drops? (getting boosted)
2, Is it even possible to learn 375 engi/mining? Engi goggles? What a Face
3, The black war bear is of course a prio, i can see that THAT is possible anyway.
4, Really, won't my lvl60 get XP in hellfire peninsula? Maybe not.
5, Is it true that you can use a new trial after a couple of months if you dont get finished with the stuff you need?

If all this is true then i'll better unlearn goblin engineering and start over with gnome. Oh, the pain!

Nipperkin

Back to top Go down

That TBC stuff. Empty Re: That TBC stuff.

Post  Pebblechewer Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 pm

1, Yes!
2, Should be Smile
3, Yup, pebble has it ^^
4, Stops at one exp before 61 on TBC trial.
5, I've heared this form other sources but im not sure how long the time is, and i could activate my trial a second time jus now ,but that was right after i converted it to a battle.net account, so i think that had something to do with it Smile

// Pebble
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

http://www.arcifer.se/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipperkin Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Holy macaroni, that was fast. D'yer have an alarm go off when somebody posts here? Laughing

Thanks for the help, man. Next time i have a week off from work it's outland time!

*cough* i started wondering how i would get boosts for hellfire citadel, then i thought about my lvl80 shammy and felt very stupid. I've boosted myself for hours on end but my brain obviously couldn't cope with boosting in outlands.

Oh yeah, need money for flying mount too. *makes note* will be good to have in Cataclysm maybe.

Nipperkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Actually yeah gmail plings both on my phone and on the computer when someone replys here or if i get any mail anywhere, but that i saw this post that quickly was a coincidence Smile as i pretty much just woke up.

Anyways, i've discovered a method to boost ramparts rediculously fast, if you are really quick with zerging the first two at the beginning of the bridge, the one on the bridge, the two on the other side of the bridge and the pack just to the right as well as the patroll,

and then sneak between mobs (using noggenfogger to become a skellie seems to reduce the chance of beeing noticed) right between the mobs, and still hurry up, you will get all the way to first boss when he is just about to turn at the end of the patroll, then you can kill him there, after that you can sneak past the guys at the door, then you have to kill the bunch in the middle of the hallway, if you are a skellie you might be able to avoid aggro from the two at the door, also make sure you time so you avoid the pat in that room, so you can skip all the way to the demon boss , but you also have two kill those two patrolling mobs, You dont have to kill those two casters guarding the boss either, just nuke the boss, loot, and go to the last one.

You can skip all the way back and then kill the bridge patroll there as well as the two sentries, then the boss will come down, just kick its ass and make sure that if you see the dragon shoot a fireball right through the floor or something (easy to see really) you should be ready to move your alt as thats the fireball that puts a flame patch on the ground and does the damage, unless you want your alt to die Razz

And yes, you can loot everything from the bosses with grouploot if you stand where you are on the alt, if you are worried its too far, then go to the first boxes to the left after the first bridge ends.

gl with the farming Smile
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm

An easier way to do it, get a group of friends and do it. When i made my twink DK to get all the gear, i had 4 of my guildies (all twinks) help me run through it and we could run it in 10-15 minutes, once i had gear i could pull up to 3 packs with a shaman/paladin healer and managed to do 1.2k dps through aoe's and such, becomes great fun Razz Anyways good luck ^^ Remember to get the awesome helm from zangarmarsh Smile

Ji

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipperkin Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Oooooh... What helmet is that? the ones i've seen from coilfang is lvl62+ and the cenarion vendor only sells lvl70+ gear.
Also, i feel immensely foolish(again). If i don't want XP from instances i can of course lock it just as any other twink.

I'm having trouble at the moment because i can't enter gobbo towns. I tried to visit my engi trainer in gadgetzan but got wtfpwned outside the gates. So for the moment i have to focus on Bloodsail title and then get back to neutral with goblins.
pirat Yearrrgh....

Nipperkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:40 pm

haha lol Smile i think ill do my engineering before i get hated
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:10 pm

erm its a green quest reward, 2 of the easiest quests ever too with 3 sockets, gem them all + 20 strength and pew pew Razz

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10096

Theres a link to the quest with the rewards Smile might have to find the prequest first though!

Ji

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:12 pm

the prequest is to kill the guys just south of the place, =), which you get from the same NPC, or the one next to her
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraude Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 am

I'd like to get confirmation for this before I blow any money away: Is it possible to use Noice Machine or Sonic Booster as a 60lvl gnome engineer? The skill requirement for those are 390 even though 420 skill is required to create them (they are BoP). And gnomes can reach this magical 390 skill with their racial (375 + 15 = 390). I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work but if anyone knows better, I'd like to know.

Fraude

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 am

It's confirmed that it does work.
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Awesome, going to be starting a classic account with a friend on RAF, going to boost a few chars to 60 didnt realise could still get half of this engineering shit awesome! no human female rogue then gnome ftw!Razz

Ji

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipperkin Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Oh my. Thanks for the tips!
That scout's hood makes the gnomish battle goggles look pretty weak. I might keep the goblin boomboom engi then.
Now i just need to do a bit of research for other stuff not to miss and make sure i have time to get the marks of thrallmar every day for the whole trial!

Edit: I looked at the delicate dragon's eye gem and went "OH NOES! do i have to drop mining for JC to max my twink?". Luckily it's not available because it's BOP recipe from dalaran. *phew*
I think a good gemming would be 40 ap in red socket, 20AP+15 stam in blue socket and possibly 10 stats in the yellow. Then it's off to ZG again for head enchants. 132 AP, 37 stam, 1,2% hit and... and i don't know the crit for 28 agility at 60. study 2,8% i guess. And the best part: It looks like Richard's hood! FOR PONIES! Ji, i I love you you for the help.

Last edited by Nipperkin on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nipperkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I just powerskilled my engi 1-360, need 15 more uber annoying skillpoints to then get the epic gnomish goggles once i farm the mats Smile Im sad there were no socketable hood for clothies :p

edit: omfg it looks really painfull now to gain the last 15 skillpoints in engineering, i wish i could learn from northrend :<, anyone got a tip how to get up 360-375 easly? seems like im going to have to make 20 repair bots, and those go on one primal fire each and 3 khorium bars each too. WTF
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipperkin Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Pebbles, if you actually have the repair bot recipe from blades edge i think you're lucky. All trainer recipes seem to be green at best up to 375, and are far more expensive. So grind your mats with a smile Very Happy

Nipperkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Uh, the repair bot costs more than the adamantite rifle, im 375 now! Crafted about 20 rifles maybe? (From Shatt). Those repair bots cost like , 60 khorium bars and 20 primal fire, for 20, and many other mats, thats just nasty, noone has 60 khorium bars just laying around, and if they do they cost insanely much together with the fire.
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum