WoW Rampage EU Twink Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc.

3 posters

Go down

Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc. Empty Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc.

Post  Pebblechewer Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 am

So yeah, im planning on making a hunter on my classic account and i was planning on doing something like this http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/151357

Possibly attackpower gems instead of agility because i just love those big numbers Smile I'd love to get tips from other experienced 60 hunters out there or just anyone, on talents, better gear, i know there's probably better gear out there =)

Im planning to level up a bunch of 60's and then use the TBC trial as effective as i can so i can get my last chance of obtaining all those nice items.

Sandboxing alts is probably the most fun thing to do, except for making it reality ofc Smile

Kind regards // Pebble
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

http://www.arcifer.se/

Back to top Go down

Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc. Empty Re: Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc.

Post  Fraude Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:57 am

It's a matter of preference if you want to go MM or survival. I personally find BM too boring to play with, but it is at least worth a try (I love to imagine the screams of those cloth wearers when my red pet is tearing them apart). If you gear for MM, pure AP is better but survival will get more benefit from agility. I suggest you try both specs before spending few thousand golds for gems and enchants. I personally like both specs so my gear is pretty random. If I had known better, I would have farmed few bits of each of those ramps socketable goods to have different options without having to resocket every time I change my mind. Here is my armory profile:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darksorrow&n=Fraude

I think I also missed the quest in Zangarmarsh where one could get green item with 3 sockets. I don't remember what kind of piece of equipment the mail reward was, but it's worth to check. And about to exactly where to spend your points, there is always leeway. There are certain talents that are must to have but they should be axiomatic if you know anything about the class. And I personally use specs that fit for my means. For example, I picked Rapid Killing & Rapid Recuperation from MM tree in expense of talents that would have boosted my damage. Once I got used to on having those talents, I couldn't go on without them. There is also some flexibility with the survival talents. I personally found those 3 points spent in the Sniper Training waste of points since I had it active very rarely. If I could stand there for 6 seconds and nuke, the target would be going down fast enough without wasting those precious points on little chunk on very conditional extra damage.

But yeah.. if anything, I suggest getting at least 2 or 3 pieces of all those items from Ramps.. one for ap, second for agility and third for survivability. But good luck with your project Smile

// Edit: I don't claim my equipment or gemming to be the best options. I don't have anyone to boost me stuff from raids and I have limited amount of cash to spend since my 60lvls are my only characters.

Fraude

Back to top Go down

Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc. Empty Re: Upcoming 60 Hunter! Ideas for gear, talents etc.

Post  Pebblechewer Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Fraud! Smile

I've had a 60 hunter before in classic and raided pretty hardcore in TBC for a year aswell on 70 so i do know hunters a little bit Smile, My first version of that sandbox i had all gems on Attackpower, as i personally would think was the best, and when i linked it to some other hunters they told me to go full agility, i love big numbers so i think that going for AP would be my way, together with the marksman specc and the HWL recurve i think i could push out some nasty damage. Also one big concern of mine regarding twink hunters is that it doesnt seem that easy to kill mounted players in AV if you go a specc with little burst, as they seem to be able to run away from you mounted if attack them Razz According to the sandbox i should have about 2100 RAP or even more when using AP gems , weapon enchants, trueshot aura and AotH,

Btw that is the helmet that you get from zangar quest, unafurtunately they only have a plate helmet, cloth tunic or that leather hood to choose between, so this was the one i used on my shaman aswell back in the 60's.

Hopefully with 2100 AP, and a blessing of might , giving me like total 2400~ish AP, i should be able to squeeze out some nasty aimed shots and multi shots! Having 25% base crit with AP gems etc i think with barrage i would have around 40~% or even more crit with multishot, so that would be a nice addition to the burst. As well as arcane shot Smile

Thanks for replying! I apriciate the answer mate ^^
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraude Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

I just checked that up, with my current gear if I changed all my gems and enchants to get maximum possible AP, I would hit the 2100 AP too. That includes ZG enchants on head and shoulders, but I only have one ap trinket (dire maul one). I guess that even 2200 ap is attainable, though you might end up sacrificing too much survivability and crit. Even I feel pretty squishy against heavy hitting melee character twinks so having 2k less hp wouldn't do good. But of course it also depends from your playstyle. You have played hunter around as long as I, so I guess that you know the thrill.

Fraude

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebblechewer Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Im more into the style do as much damage as possible as fast as possible xD I mean seriously if i get 2200 RAP i bet i can oneshot most clothies with one multishot O_o
Pebblechewer
Pebblechewer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dejpej Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:20 am

Big numbers ain't it all... imo Survival is one of the best choices for 60 hunters.. So much escape and still a shit load of damage!

Dejpej

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down